Conducted by: Centre of Therapeutic Dentistry, Department of Therapeutic Dentistry, Pavlov State Medical University of Saint Petersburg
Purpose of the research: evaluation of the therapeutic effects claimed by the manufacturer:
- Cleaning effect;
- Remineralizing effect;
- Anti-inflammatory effect;
- Hemostatic effect.
Selected individuals: 20 diabetes (type 2) patients, 20 Centre of Therapeutic Dentistry patients without diabetes
Dates: 2011, August-September
DiaDent ACTIVE Toothpaste possesses following therapeutic effects:
1. Cleaning effect (according to Green-Vermillion Hygiene Index):
- Dental plaque reduction after single use was 47.37%;
- G-V Hygiene Index reduction was detected from 1.9 to 0.6 after one month
- Increase in teeth surface cleaning efficiency was detected and amounted to 68.42%
2. Remineralizing effect:
- Increase in remineralizing efficiency was observed and amounted to 68.47% according to ERT (Enamel Resistance Test)
3. Anti-inflammatory effect:
- Increase in anti-inflammatory efficiency was detected and amounted up to 68.47%
4. Hemostatic effect:
- Increase in hemostatic efficiency was observed and amounted to 76.47% after one month of the study
1. Organoleptic measurements (taste, smell, etc.) – lack of negative feelings
2. Neither allergenic nor local irritant effects were observed during the one month study on patients with diabetes.
Therefore DiaDent ACTIVE Toothpaste (DiaVit® product group) possesses therapeutic and preventive effects.